• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Barrel Contour question

rgrmike

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
Guys,
I have a Defiance Stryker Ridge SA (260) with a Bartlein Med Palma contour barreled action. It's currently in a KRG X-Ray but Im trying to get ahold of a Manners EH series. I'm using a Seekins 20 MOA rail and a NF with 50mm objective. If I order a stock from Manners should I be looking for a Rem factory Sendero/Varmint barrel channel? The offer a factory light, factory heavy, sender/varmint, MTU, #7, M24 etc…. I want the barreled action to drop right in with no smithing required. I'm also open for suggestions on which EH to go with. I would like to have a nice check weld and I know the EH1, EH2, and EH3 all have a little different comb height. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Why don't you call and ask? My Kreiger med contour Palma fit into a mcmillian a5 with rem varmint inletting with minor fitting on the shank end.

Manners will inlet the stock for what ever barreled action you have, and they are very familiar with Bartlein contours, believe me. As for dropping right in, you would do good top order it with the mini chassis. This will afford you the option to not bed the action into the stock. I have not had to bed a single mini chassis to get excellent results accuracy once. It will cost you about the same as a good bedding job, but you won't have to send the rifle off to get properly bedded.