• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I use to use them. I have tried them all. IMO, point the rifle to the sky, in the shade, and It’ll cool just as fast, without the need to buy shit that annoys others on the line.

Reactions: FuhQ
To be fair, this is the same concept used by the tech industry to cool chips, processors, etc.

That being said, I know nothing. Call me old school, but I'm gonna +1 the concept of bringing another rifle to shoot while the barrel cools. Time cools barrels and fun reduces time.
Exactly, time cools barrels, and even moving cooler ambient air through a bore and suppressor will help cool them down, from not allowing the hot stagnant air to remain. Simple physics.

I was only calling him out for making a stupid comment, and trying to call my suggestion dumb, and then claiming a heat sink was more effective than a fan. There’s a reason computers also have fans, even though they have heat sinks. 😉👍🏼

Last edited:
The amount of heat is the same as before. Except now there is more surface area exposed to air for it to interact with and speed up cooling. It's how all radiators work, by adding extra surface for the hot metal to interact with more air to speed up cooling.

You might want to try understanding the thermodynamic process. It's been around for a lot longer than you.
You really are stupid aren’t you? Yes, but heat sinks have air forced over the excess surface area to cool the liquid (or metal) below. Radiators have ambient wind from a moving vehicle and water pumps INSIDE THE COOLING PROCESS to constantly flow the coolant through the radiator. Computers have fans along with heat sinks. 🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼

• Haha
Reactions: JohnCarter17