• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Barrel Cut, Crowned and Threaded?

Mosley

Private
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2012
Pennsylvania
I am looking at having an H&R 22" 30-30 Barrel, cut to 18", re-crowned (11 degrees or whatever) Threaded 5/8-24 and returned to me! :D
It's a truck gun project I have underway and also a tight budget project. What is the cost I am looking at paying and what companies or individuals do you all recommend??

Thanks
Rick

Hey xring... What's your guys turn around time? Also do you indicate off the bore for threading so that it would be appropriate for suppressor use? Thanks!

My smith charges 75.00 for crown and thread . He indicates off the bore also. Just picked up my a3g from him, he put a fte brake on it. 75 bucks for that. Had a creedmoor recrowned and threaded, shilen prefit, shot in the hi .3s before, now in the hi .2s. That rifle was sold to a buddy in a supressor friendly state, that's why i had threads cut on it for him.