• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrel Dynamics 101...Help...

Shooterjoe

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2008
Greetings all, I need your opinions on the following issues... I have a Blaser Tactical 2 and I never had a firearm that was so damn accurate, so this is a new thing for me. I really dont know the dynamics involved on the follow:
1 A cold bore shot: Is that the most accurate shot the rifle can do?
2 As time goes on should the grouping drift on an 80 degree day at 100 yards...total round expended 30 in one hour
3 Please tell me the variables I would need to know at the 100 yard distance at this time. I am going for Zero...
4 The first picture, or one the the left, is the first set of shots...by the time I got to the end of this session today the second group was the result of one click down and one click left...in this case the grouping to the 11:00 O'clock position...
5 Should I have not have done any clicks on the scope...A Vortex Viper 5x25 gen2 PST...
6 Or is it just me?

I think all involuded on replies...Sincerely; Mr. Baffled...

Attachments

• 20220426_110922.jpg
    20220426_110922.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 20220426_121120.jpg
    20220426_121120.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
you're way overthinking this

no variables at 100 unless you're shooting in crazy winds

zero the scope at 100y (1 click down and 1 click left) and send it

but if this is also on a new or spotlessly clean barrel then you might want a few more rounds down it before setting a zero

but if this is also on a new or spotlessly clean barrel then you might want a few more rounds down it before setting a zero
Thanks for the info: This barrel is well broken in...no wins worth talking about tail wind at 2 or 3 knots...

Asking why 1 click left, should it be right or am I missing something?