• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrel fluting - 700 XCR Compact Tactical style

KaiserNorton

Sergeant
Minuteman
A short while ago, I picked up an M700 XCR compact tactical .308 out of the classifieds here. To quote the McD's commercials - I'm lovin it. I'd actually like to get another, but rather than getting a .223 (the other cartridge option), I'd like one in .260 remington (possibly my favorite cartridge). Obviously, Remington never chambered this rifle in that cartrige, so I'd have to build.

In the interest of building such a gun, do any barrel makers or gunsmiths advertise doing a type of wide fluting like Big Green uses? I'd like to mimic my current rifle closely, perhaps go 22" in the barrel instead though. I've already an action and a jewell waiting in the wings.....

Thoughts?

The Kaiser

Re: Barrel fluting - 700 XCR Compact Tactical style

Kampfeld custom does all kinds of fluting. His name is Karl Feldkamp, call him and tell him what you want. Fast turnaround as well.