• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrel for 2nd rifle build.

tilman2141

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2022
Kentucky
Looking at doing a 2nd rifle for a friend of mine and I’m looking at 2 barrels that are decent price and want to make sure they’re not junk. They will be going on a Mack Bros. Long action for a 284 winchester. Barrels are Wilson Arms and Black Hole Weaponry. Anyone have any personal use of either or both of these and what’s your thoughts on them. Barrel will finish out with brake at 26”

I have never heard of either of these makers and I have been around precision rifles for a while now. Barrels are the last place that you want to compromise on a rifle. There have been times when I have chosen a cheaper stock or Remington action vs custom action to save some money but I won't compromise on a barrel. That being said there are several excellent barrel makers that are proven.

Bartlein, Krieger, Brux, Proof Research, Mueller works, Hart, Benchmark, Hawk Hill, Schneider,

I would stick to one of the proven makers lister above but that's me.

Reactions: Mrindecisive
I've shot a few Wilsons. For sure on par with good (Tikka, Bergara, etc.) factory barrels I'd say, if not a little better.