• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrel length, contour and muzzle break recc's

NRAShooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Okay

Soon to be rebarreling my AICS 2.0/591/NF 5.5x22.x50 260 Remmy.

Want something lighter than the current 27' No. 7 fluted Bartlein FTA set up. Thinkin of a medium or light palma 24 inch set up with AI brake or simular set up No. 6? fluted Bartlein with Surefire brake. Any constructive suggestions welcome.

thank you in advance!

Re: Barrel length, contour and muzzle break recc's

I think the light/med Palma is a great choice as a compromise between weight and still having a "heavy(ish) target barrel". Very rarely do I notice people wishing they had chosen a heavier contour, but it seems common they wish for a lighter one. I'm already starting to worry about my 26" fluted M40, and I've not even seen it yet.

Re: Barrel length, contour and muzzle break recc's

My 65creedmoor is 27" (from boltface) in a Tubb contour (pretty much med Palma with the curves of a Rem var/sendero.
I like it alot. I prefer full length to a brake, and have no problems staying on target.