• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

edub1309

Ronald Raygun
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2020
Northeast Ohio
Hi all. Putting together a 6.5 CM build on an AI AT Chassis. Defiance Deviant Tactical action with triggertech trigger/safety. Pairing it with a PROOF CF barrel, but I'm not sure if I should go 22" or 24", or if there is even a practical difference between the two?

For glass I'm going with the Vortex Razor Gen II on a SPUHR mount. I'm looking at the SP-4002 34mm that is 1.5" tall. Is that the right one? I imagine I'll have plenty of clearance, but want to make sure I'm not missing anything?

For anybody wondering the purpose/goals for this rifle: I'd like to consistently reach 750-1k yards, and push it out to 1,700 yards or so. I know that's a bit far, but that's the goal. I won't be hunting with this rifle.

You can absolutely shoot a 22” 6.5cm to a mile.

24” is said to be optimal for factory ammo.
If your not hunting or need a light rifle I’d skip the CF barrel.

If you not hunting and want to stretch it's legs, why give up the free velocity... Go 24”

1.5" on the mount may be a bit much. I'm using the same action and scope on my 6 and am using a 1.125" MPA mount. Plenty of room for scope caps.

You can absolutely shoot a 22” 6.5cm to a mile.

24” is said to be optimal for factory ammo.
If your not hunting or need a light rifle I’d skip the CF barrel.
Do you recommend the PROOF steel barrels? I read that the cf had longer life and the heat dissipation helped with accuracy.. is that just hogwash?

1.5" on the mount may be a bit much. I'm using the same action and scope on my 6 and am using a 1.125" MPA mount. Plenty of room for scope caps.
I believe they do a 1.35 as well. I was going with 1.5 based on the MPA recommendation actually. How do you like that action?

Do you recommend the PROOF steel barrels? I read that the cf had longer life and the heat dissipation helped with accuracy.. is that just hogwash?
Absolutely!
Barrels life between the two will in no way offset the price difference.

I believe they do a 1.35 as well. I was going with 1.5 based on the MPA recommendation actually.

Later this evening or tomorrow, I'll take a close up of my 6 and send it to you so you can see the height.

Sounds like a fun build, yeah the 1.5" high mount is for a top full length pic rail, like a AR or MRAD,etc...prob jus use the Spuhr in 1.34" height imho.

-Reagan

Sounds like a fun build, yeah the 1.5" high mount is for a top full length pic rail, like a AR or MRAD,etc...prob jus use the Spuhr in 1.34" height imho.

-Reagan
This is my “keep forever” build; it’s been fun to start piecing parts together for it. Thank you for the info! Looks like the SP-4006 is the one I’m looking for. Thanks again!

Reactions: Widowmaker0001