• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrel Lining a Vintage Rifle in the Day....

My Father was on the Mighty MO (Missouri BB-63) back in the mid-80’s and I have some small pieces of shrapnel from these huge 16”monsters laying around the garage with some other historical items(old port holes from repairs at Bremerton) and old unofficial log books from WWII and Korea . Another mans junk...is another mans treasure.

If I ever get home from overseas, I will get some pictures and post...

You come up with a barrel and I'll kick in some ammo!

IMG_1004.jpg

Well, if anyone has a spare 75mm barrel floating around... I have a project I need one for. The 75mm would be the lining after I turn the rest of the barrel’s outer features off.

If anyone comes across one...

Years ago at Watervliet they had piles of old barrels. I think all junked and scrapped. But you would drive by and see stacks of them. Wish I had the foresight to load a few
Trucks with ‘scrap.’

Sirhr

Well, if anyone has a spare 75mm barrel floating around... I have a project I need one for. The 75mm would be the lining after I turn the rest of the barrel’s outer features off.

If anyone comes across one...

Years ago at Watervliet they had piles of old barrels. I think all junked and scrapped. But you would drive by and see stacks of them. Wish I had the foresight to load a few
Trucks with ‘scrap.’

Sirhr
I’ll check the gun room. 😁

Friend once had the deck gun from a submarine in his yard. !

Reactions: sandwarrior
I'd have to ask permission but a customer of ours just sent me a picture while at one of his customers shops/home. His customer collects armored vehicles....He sent me a picture yesterday.

Guess what the picture was of..... A German Flak 88mm from WW2. Boy I'd like to pull the trigger on a few rounds out of that.

I'd have to ask permission but a customer of ours just sent me a picture while at one of his customers shops/home. His customer collects armored vehicles....He sent me a picture yesterday.

Guess what the picture was of..... A German Flak 88mm from WW2. Boy I'd like to pull the trigger on a few rounds out of that.

Frank,

Do you have a specific impact area in mind? :)

Frank,

Do you have a specific impact area in mind? :)
Maybe!!!!

Playing cards one night a long time ago...my buddy and I got on the subject of tanks. Told him I really wanted a German Panther tank. His wife goes, "What would you do with a tank?" I'd park it right in my front yard! Let's see them tow it?

I'd want it with night vision also! Just to make things more interesting! The gun has to be live also!

Attachments

• Panther tank night vision.jpg
    Panther tank night vision.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 63
Maybe!!!!

Playing cards one night a long time ago...my buddy and I got on the subject of tanks. Told him I really wanted a German Panther tank. His wife goes, "What would you do with a tank?" I'd park it right in my front yard! Let's see them tow it?

I'd want it with night vision also! Just to make things more interesting! The gun has to be live also!

Is your alter ego Tony Buzbee?

I like his attitude he seems not to have any fucks to give when it comes to his tank.

Is your alter ego Tony Buzbee?

I like his attitude he seems not to have any fucks to give when it comes to his tank.

I think that if one owns a tank, one's attitude generally would not involve fucks to give. You literally have a tank. Everyone else's opinion is irrelevant.

Same if you have any sort of genuine flyable fighter plane whether it's a replica Sopwith Snipe or an older MIG.

The M4 with the cast hulls, rather than welded, are the bomb.

1623334924818.png

There is an M4 on display in Hamilton MA.

Patton had it shipped back to his home town for display from Europe.

As of late the town folk in this very tony area of MA - they have a POLO field - has been considering removing this history as being a violent memory.

Reactions: sandwarrior
I'll add this being as we we're speaking of Sherman tanks now....

This is my youngest sitting on top of a M4A3E8 with the low velocity 105mm main gun. There was a cool newspaper article done on it in the late 80's about when it was driven from a WI army base up to Tomahawk, WI which is just South of our cabin that we go to.

Attachments

• M4A3E8 Sherman.jpg
    M4A3E8 Sherman.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 59
As of late the town folk in this very tony area of MA - they have a POLO field - has been considering removing this history as being a violent memory.

What a crock of shit!!!!

Just to ease your anger and show that there is hope in the world.....

My name is Hugh Gist, I am a 17-year-old Boy Scout who took on the restoration painting project of General Patton’s Tank to give back to my community while earning my final Eagle Scout Rank. Any question or inquiries may be sent to: [email protected]
General Patton is widely regarded as a respected war hero. Being able to pay respects and serve this great hero of mine was truly an honor. Both of my Great Uncles as well as my grandfathers served their country in the military and were my inspiration in this endeavor. The Tank was used in Patton’s Third Army and was received from the Unite States Army in 1950. It is a piece of living history that kids have played on in the park for decades as direct living history and experiential learning.
The tank stands to help us remember those men and women that have sacrificed everything for this country. It stands here reminding us that it takes great sacrifice to keep things we love, our liberties and our rights. The symbolism of this Tank will continue on in shining form with a new paint restoration. Many people have come forward to accomplish this worthy goal. I would like to honor and thank these individuals most especially to my Boy Scout Troop 35 in Hamilton, the Town of Hamilton, The DPW, the VFW, the Hamilton Police Department as well as the Hamilton Fire Department, the many donors that contributed and finally the Hamilton Parks and Recreation Department.
There will be a Re-Dedication of General Patton’s Tank back to the Town of Hamilton and its citizens on Sunday, November 11 at NOON, a day that All citizens in all capacities are whole heartedly encouraged to attend.

.....but I like angry Patriots. They were absolutely pissed circa 1775-1783 and look what they built.

Speaking of tanks....

This one is in Leominster MA. Local kid was KIA and volunteers donors built a fantastic memorial to him and all MA vets....

Few are done as nicely.....I took these pictures the other day...

c8BL2fBl.jpg

nT8v8dtl.jpg

DdEcH0Al.jpg

The boots and rifles bronzes are especially well done.

16” 50 barrel life was only 290 rounds back in the day. Newer powders extended life to 1,500 rounds And cleaning them is a bitch. Run a line around a capstan to pull the patch through Of course, from the breach only

16” 50 barrel life was only 290 rounds back in the day. Newer powders extended life to 1,500 rounds And cleaning them is a bitch. Run a line around a capstan to pull the patch through Of course, from the breach only

Shoulda used Bore Snakes.

My Father was on the Mighty MO (Missouri BB-63) back in the mid-80’s and I have some small pieces of shrapnel from these huge 16”monsters laying around the garage with some other historical items(old port holes from repairs at Bremerton) and old unofficial log books from WWII and Korea . Another mans junk...is another mans treasure.

If I ever get home from overseas, I will get some pictures and post...
So I was able to make it home for some R & R with the family. Due to time constraints, I only had time to snap some pictures of the old log books I spoke of. Some of pictures include a refueling manifest from 1952 and bearing logs books from that time period. The My father worked as a Quartermaster, so some of these items were items left in the chart house when the Missouri was brought back into service in the mid 80’s. I really never had a chance to look at these in-depth, but is on my to-do list. A ton of history sitting in a dark storage closet in the Midwest.

Attachments

• 83C3DB86-7F52-4CDF-BF13-A3688E050F5F.jpeg
    83C3DB86-7F52-4CDF-BF13-A3688E050F5F.jpeg
    261 KB · Views: 53
  • BAC04D2D-C04E-4343-9443-5F9042C242A2.jpeg
    BAC04D2D-C04E-4343-9443-5F9042C242A2.jpeg
    693.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 62AA1171-D997-4BC7-9220-8C45DCFFB2D1.jpeg
    62AA1171-D997-4BC7-9220-8C45DCFFB2D1.jpeg
    352.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 3DDC22B2-736E-44BE-A229-A8DA24620A42.jpeg
    3DDC22B2-736E-44BE-A229-A8DA24620A42.jpeg