• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

barrel locking lug cleaning

kavik

Private
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2005
Nashville, TN
Anyone have sugestions on cleaning the interior barrel locking lug areas on a 308 semi? I've seen cloth chamber stars, regular chamber brushes, and a tool that compresses patches and then lets them expand in that area - What is your best way?

Re: barrel locking lug cleaning

Go to an auto parts store and buy a can of brake cleaner. Point the barrel down and spray the crap out of it. You will be SURPRISED at how clean it will become. Then dry patch it out and you'll be GTG.

I though about carb or brake cleaner, but it's a stainless precision barrel, and not clear about the ramifications - I've only used those on chrome lined ar ones before.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go to an auto parts store and buy a can of brake cleaner. Point the barrel down and spray the crap out of it. You will be SURPRISED at how clean it will become. Then dry patch it out and you'll be GTG. </div></div>

Get the cheapest brake cleaner you can find.It works better.The on sale stuff.

van

A chamber brush works great. You can get them in nylon also.

A chamber mop also works good I have been told.

The mops and brush clean both the chamber and the lugs.

-dan