• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrel Nut w/factory stock

gasrat

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2019
SE Kentucky
Is there anyone that has used a factory wooden ADL or BDL 700 stock with a prefit using a barrel nut? I think I’d need 1.3” of room for a Criterion nut. Just curious if anyone has a factory wood stock they could measure for me and see if there is that much room or I’d have to open it up a little to accommodate the barrel nut. Building a hunting rig and wanna go with traditional wood stock. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

The barrel nut isn't bigger than the first taper on lot of reming ton factory barrels. If it is, a little sanding an carving is all that is needed.

Reactions: spife7980
The barrel nut isn't bigger than the first taper on lot of reming ton factory barrels. If it is, a little sanding an carving is all that is needed.
Appreciate it. I didn’t have a factory stick to measure. I thought a little sanding would need to be done but didn’t know how much.

I have a few with factory wood stocks . Two Savage style and one hex . You will need to remove very little wood if any . I float the whole barrel/nut and took out very little wood to get proper clearance on the nut .

Reactions: gasrat