• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrel profile for KRG Whiskey 3 build

jLorenzo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
Doing my first custom 6.5 Creed. Was thinking either Origin or a Tikka but for my purposes I am leaning towards a Tikka now. I am going to put it in a Whiskey 3 and those two go together nicely. I am looking at either another M24 which I have and like or a Heavy Palma. I would go for a Bartlien standard or heavy target profile also but I havent seen many of those.

I am mainly looking at how the gun will balance weight wise. I have not spent a lot of time on a Whiskey 3. I am also thinking 24" but also maybe 22". This will mainly be range gun and I will shoot some local PRS. I am also curious how the gun will look.

Anyone have any pics of either a m24 or heavy palma in a whiskey 3? Any comments and weight, balance or barrel length?

thanks

The modern w3 is modular and probably deal wtih any weight/balance issues by using weights. The main backbone has plenty of space, and match countours should not be a problem. The design was redone a couple years ago and there is loads of clearance. Keep in mind one reason to get a heavy barrel, as you probably know is to have a simpler, cheaper heavy rifle without paying for weight kits.

Reactions: jLorenzo