• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrel Profile

frame12

Private
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2024
PacNW
What's the thinnest profile barrel you'd use for a match and expect your group size not to grow if the barrel got extremely hot because conditions dictated you needed to send em in rapid succession?

I wouldn't go lighter than a Bartlein 3b which is what I'm running on the NRL series. Keep in mind you also need a bit of meat left over after threading so whatever muzzle device you go with can shoulder up.

Since you asked about match use you probably know that different match formats will have different firing schedules so the general rule is heavier = better/less poi shift.

Reactions: frame12
if the competition has a weight limit, have the barrel as heavy as possible but still make weight.

if not, make the barrel as heavy as reasonably possible whilst still light enough for me to move/carry as required - having a lighter barrel but then adding forend weights is (imnsho) silly

Reactions: frame12