• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrel Question

cjs88

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jan 7, 2020
    TEXAS
    Not about anything specific to do with barrels. Why are there so many barrel makers in Wisconsin? Bartlein, Brux, Krieger, etc. Do all barrels makers love cheese? Or is there something logistically up there that is a draw for them?

Not about anything specific to do with barrels. Why are there so many barrel makers in Wisconsin? Bartlein, Brux, Krieger, etc. Do all barrels makers love cheese? Or is there something logistically up there that is a draw for them?
    Yes. I am not even a barrel maker and I love cheese.

Wisconsin has one of the world's largest deposits of stainless steel. Just makes sense to be to close to the material source.

Reactions: MAGnificient
    Great Lakes region is the industrial base for the U.S.. Mining, steel mills, machinery manufacturing, automotive manufacturing, tool making all take place here. Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northern Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana; very large population of machinist in this region. Close to all resources needed for heavy industry from raw suppliers all the way to companies that can build or rebuild machinery for specialized machining operations. Also makes a convenient distribution point for the entire U.S. Logistics and maybe there is a history to barrel making in that state as well. @Frank Green may be able to shed more light on this topic.

Last edited:
    In other news Houston is packed with oil companies.

In other news Houston is packed with oil companies.
    I was just being sarcastic, but there is a lot of cross over from industry to industry. If you have a big metal working machine that you make car parts with, odds are it can also be used in the firearms industry as well.

I think that cross over effect is a big driver, at least historically.

I was just being sarcastic, but there is a lot of cross over from industry to industry. If you have a big metal working machine that you make car parts with, odds are it can also be used in the firearms industry as well.

I think that cross over effect is a big driver, at least historically.
    Cee, skinyore.

Almost four years to the day lol

• Haha
    Reactions: FuhQ and Modoc
    Great Lakes region is the industrial base for the U.S.. Mining, steel mills, machinery manufacturing, automotive manufacturing, tool making all take place here. Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northern Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana; very large population of machinist in this region. Close to all resources needed for heavy industry from raw suppliers all the way to companies that can build or rebuild machinery for specialized machining operations. Also makes a convenient distribution point for the entire U.S. Logistics and maybe there is a history to barrel making in that state as well. @Frank Green may be able to shed more light on this topic.
    Figured it was something like this.