• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrel recommendations for ar-308

Crotalus93

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2023
Ohio
I am trying to decide barrel. I am looking at the rainier arms 24’’ ultra match. Trying to see what all is recommend want to have accuracy out to 1000yards but not break the bank.

It's not a .308 barrel, but I recently installed an x-caliber barrel chambered in 6.5 CM, and was extremely happy with the accuracy. Price is in the ball park of the ranier also. I did buy a bolt at the same time, and had it headspaced to that barrel.

They had been recommended to me by a local gun shop that specializes in comp guns, and I'll have to say I was not disappointed.

Reactions: Squad51
It's not a .308 barrel, but I recently installed an x-caliber barrel chambered in 6.5 CM, and was extremely happy with the accuracy. Price is in the ball park of the ranier also. I did buy a bolt at the same time, and had it headspaced to that barrel.

They had been recommended to me by a local gun shop that specializes in comp guns, and I'll have to say I was not disappointed.
Thank you I will look into them