• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

barrel ?'s

titus7

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2008
Ridgecrest, California
Im building an AR for running hard, fast, and light for short to med distance. So far the build consists primarily of Noveske parts but now Im down to the barrel and just out of curiosity I would like some feedback on your opinions based on experience. I would like to keep with Noveske because of the quality and consistency of their products but I cant help but notice the price difference in their barrels and say a Daniel Defense, BCM, WOA. The length I am going to get is 14.5", like I said hard,fast, and light.

My question is for the type of shooting I plan on doing am I really going to notice a difference between a Noveske and a Daniel Defense or WOA? Also is their a huge difference in the life of the barrel between said companies?

Thanks in advance for any help, it is greatly appreciated.

Re: barrel ?'s

All the brands you mentioned are GTG and you should not be able to tell any quality difference in a CQB weapon. Long range you MIGHT see a difference in side by side comparison.

If you want to run it hard like you say, check out the Noveske N4. They are chrome lined and I understand the lining is much thicker than the M4 spec. I believe MSTN has them in stock - give Wes a call if you're interested.

Thanks guys, I recently built an SPR using a Noveske barrel and it has performed way beyond my expectations...its a fkn tack driver. Now I just need to find one in stock. You guys have any pics of some 14.5" AR's for motivation haha

Lothar walther so make nice barrels T a good price. That's what I put on my last build.

+ 1 on lothar walther.I have 1 in an 18 in 1x8 and it is a tack driver.I got mine from spikes they are a dealer.polygonal rifling too.

For what you're looking to do, I would scratch WOA off the list. Great barrels, but just not for your need.

Good luck w/ the new build.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ddelagarza</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look at Rainier Ultramatch barrels...</div></div>
+1 Their UM barrels are very accurate (easily .75MOA with me shooting) and lighter than most precision barrels. They're more of a medium contour (~.8" behind the gas block, .75" in front) than a heavy barrel like the pictures show, at least for the 16".