• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrel selection

Cfont003

Private
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2022
Norfolk Virginia
Hello, I am looking to build an ar15 chambered in 6mm arc and around 20", my goal is to make the firearm as accurate as possible (preferably sub 3/4 moa) while making it as light as I reasonably can. I was looking at proof research, Rainer arms, and ballistic advantage. I'm open to any companies.

Compass Lake Engineering, go fluted to save weight. They have Bartlein, Douglas and Criterion blanks. These are $400 to $800+ barrels.

Compass Lake Engineering Bartlein or Proof Research. I've had both in stainless and have no complaints.

T-Box makes an ARC. I have one in a 6.5G, 130gr bergers typically shoot 0.66 or less.

About how much does a fluted 20" Bartlein barrel weight and about what can I expect accuracy wise in an ar15 platform with handloads?

Can't tell you on weight. My bull (.936 gas block) 24" ARC Bartlein from CLE puts 20 shot groups in the .8-.9 MOA range.

craddock precision is definetely someone to look at. Quality barrels. Good company. i have seen proof carbon fiber barrels somewhere, but those would give you the lightest weight.