• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrel shoulder and brake

CST

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2002
Md
I just got a new M24 contour barrel and mocked up my surefire brake for my can. Obviously not the same diameter. Is there some kind of washer that I can install that is large enough to protect the sharp corner of the shoulder of the barrel?

Attachments

• 20231124_210158.jpg
    20231124_210158.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 47
That's an odd "step" between the OD of the muzzle and the OD of the barrel. It does appear to match the OD of the brake. Frankly, I wouldn't worry about it. That radius doesn't look sharp and it serves no shouldering purpose so in the even you did ding it, it would only be cosmetic.

The brake is on there with 2 thin shims and the factory supplied spacer. It's all perfect for a
.750" AR-15 barrel though.
The shoulder of the barrel is sharp...you may be looking at the wrong part.

This edge - right?
1700882169350.png

Since it doesn't contact anything you can take a file to it and soften the edge if it bothers you.

Last edited:
Reactions: spife7980
There's no real reason to mess with that edge. It's just there. When the can is on there it won't be an issue.

Who did the machine work and installing of the brake?

Patriot valley. I'm about to finish putting the brake on.

The suppressor sits on the shouldered edge of the brake
I am well aware that this isn't a real issue. I was just hoping there were some options out there interms of a larger diameter crush washer or something that would protect that sharp shoulder that's all.

This is my Surefire brake for my can and you can see the gap and shoulder. That has been there for about 8 years now and it doesn’t get damaged. You really don’t need to worry about that shoulder.

C48AB0A1-3AB7-4147-9577-1EE4C80EA3DA.jpeg

Reactions: CST