• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Barrel Suggestions Benchmark or Lelja

TheBeard413

Corpsmen
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2017
Berkshire County, Massachusetts
Building my .22lr trainer. I ordered a McMillan M40A22 I am go to use with my CZ 452 2E American Left Hand. My question is should I go ahead with a Benchmark 2 groove barrel or should I go with the Lelja? I don't know what the lead times are nor do I really care. What's everyone's opinions?

Lilja makes some great barrels.

I have several Liljas and one Benchmark 2 groove and am very happy with both brands.

The Liljas are on Silhouette and 40X rifles. The Benchmark is on an Annie 2018 prone rifle.

Both will hold about 5/8 - 3/4 MOA with $10-15 a box ammo.

On cz's I've used Lilja, benchmark, shilen, and a few others. Soon I'll be playing with some rock creek barrels. All of them make a good barrel but after using 2 and 3 groove barrels I have switched to those exclusively. I have a stash of custom made to my spec Lilja 3 groove barrels that I have been having sweet results with.

On cz's I've used Lilja, benchmark, shilen, and a few others. Soon I'll be playing with some rock creek barrels. All of them make a good barrel but after using 2 and 3 groove barrels I have switched to those exclusively. I have a stash of custom made to my spec Lilja 3 groove barrels that I have been having sweet results with.

What twist rate are you using? I see I can get 1:9, 1:15, 1:16, and 1:16.5
im pretty sure I am going to have a finished barrel length of 25.9". Suppressors are not legal in my state, Massachusetts:(

What twist rate are you using? I see I can get 1:9, 1:15, 1:16, and 1:16.5
im pretty sure I am going to have a finished barrel length of 25.9". Suppressors are not legal in my state, Massachusetts:(

I use a 16 twist and 16.5 twist. No difference in accuracy or wind resistance but in cold weather a 16.5 may have a problem.

I put a Benchmark 3-groove on my 40X repeater, and a Lilja titebore on the 40XB repeater. Both were chambered with the same PTG EPS reamer, both were put into B&C #2015 stocks, and both shoot great. I've shot both in semi-local 22RF PR matches out to 215yds, and got very similar results. Have also done quite a bit of shooting with both against each other here at home numerous times, and really don't have a favorite based on accuracy alone. If I were going to build another bolt rifle 22RF, at this point, I don't know whether I'd go with one of these two brands, or spin up another Krieger - the ones I'd done so far also shoot very well.