• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrel suppliers

head2h2o

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2008
Houston, TX
Who are the companies out there that stock quality barrels?

Midway
Bruno's
Accuracy One
Grizzly Ind.

Anybody else?

I'm trying to track down a 6.5 1 in 8 twist MTU or similar contour. Nothing less than .900 at the muzzle, preferably a shade larger.

Thanks for the help.

Re: Barrel suppliers

Lothar-Walther USA will produce to your specs; including chambering and threading (if it's for a Savage). Unless things have changed, that should run about $300 per barrel in LW-50 Stainless, BR Grade, and time frames ran about a month to two back around 2005 when I bought my pair of .260 1:8 28"-ers. Lengths over 28" cost an additional premium. My contour is Savage Varmint, runs about .875" at the muzzle, and heavier than that should not be a necessity.

Greg

You can always call the various makers and see if they happen to have what you want ready to go. I'd also suggest a WTB ad here if you have not done so already.

In case it didn't show, I am a <span style="font-style: italic">huge</span> fan of Lothar-Walther barrels.

Greg

Try Brownells, they used to stock various blanks from douglas, shilen, lilja, krieger etc..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: -minuteman-</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try Brownells, they stock blanks from <span style="text-decoration: line-through">douglas</span>, shilen, <span style="text-decoration: line-through">lilja, krieger etc..</span></div></div>

fixed that, go to www.brunoshooters.com

Ill second bruno's. i bought a Krieger 6.5mm HV barrel from them and had it in about 4 days.

Check Bruno Shooter Supply. Ask for either the MTU or HV, very close to the same thing.