• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrel Thread size and Pitch for Steyr?

E_T_G

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Hi, All.
I have searched everywhere and can not find a definitive answer for the muzzle brake threads for a SSG-04 in 300 WM and SSG-08 in 308. I have seen both 5/8x24 and M18x1 and M18x1 LH. If someone knows the real specs I would sure appreciate it. I was looking at suppressors but I really do not want to remove the brakes if it is an odd ball thread like 18x1 LH. The info on Steyr's site says the brakes can take a quick disconnect suppressor but They do not say a brand - probably Steyr propriety. I do not know enough about suppressors to know what would fit them. I have contacted Steyr US but have not heard back.
Thanks,
E_T_G

I used to have SSG08's, and went through this same thing.
It is M18x1.
I used a Thunder Beast CB brake mounted suppressor, they make a M18x1 brake.

Last edited:
My SSG 04 had the same, M18x1. ~2013 production. Huxwrx makes a brake in that spec. I think I still have the factory brake in a box somewhere - want it?