• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors barrel threading for Ark30

BFDshooter5

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Maine
I need to have my AI barrel threaded for a Templar Ark30 with 5/8x24 threads and was asked by the gun smith I'm using if that can needs to be timed. Does anyone out there have the exact specs/diagram for this suppressor that I can forward to the gunsmith?

I have a ark30 in lockup but I had my barrels threaded by tbac and IMO they did a great job. I cannot think of a reason why the threads would need to be timed unless you are using another attachment that would require it.

A muzzle brake requires timing to align the ports properly so it vents in a desirable direction, but a suppressor shouldn't need timed. I just checked Templar's website and it looks like the Ark30 is a brake attached suppressor so you'll want the brake timed if you're ever going to be shooting without the suppressor.

The ARK 30 can be had in brake attach or direct thread. There is no need to time a direct thread.

It is a direct thread. Ideally my smith just wanted to be sure. He wanted me to send the can with the barrel but I'm several months away from my form 4 being approved and I'd like to shoot this winter.