• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrel threading for suppressor

tomcatmv

Private
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2017
Central Texas
Does anyone have a suggestion for a gunsmith in Central Texas to thread the barrel on my Thompson Center .308?

What do you consider central Texas? That can run from San Antonio to Dallas and San Angelo to college station by some definitions which by area is about the size of Louisiana.
In NB/Austin, name your city and I can tell you the closest I would trust. (Any good machinist should be able to thread a barrel)

Does anyone have a suggestion for a gunsmith in Central Texas to thread the barrel on my Thompson Center .308?

South Texas Armament is about 270 miles of Houston (Uvalde, TX). He does some pretty damn nice work from what I've seen on his IG page.

Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 5.40.55 PM.png

West Texas Ordnance was already mentioned, but I'll also mention that I've seen nice stuff posted up that's coming out of their shop, too.

Or, you could always just package it up, and ship it up to Chad Dixon @LRI up in Sturgis, SD. His stuff is all CNC'd and is super precise. Quick, too.

John Kurowicki in Vega, TX

Does great work and short turnaround time.

I don't have any personal experience with their barrel threading work, but they did respond to all my questions promptly.

I don't have any personal experience with their barrel threading work, but they did respond to all my questions promptly.

I’ve used Morgan for barrel threading a dozen times in the last 6-8yrs, just mail him barreled action and he’ll mail it back. Great job, fast, good prices. Deal with confidence.

Reactions: fireflight