• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Barrel threading options for a suppressor

skog

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2009
Rhodes, MI
Not sure if this should go here or in the suppressors section but since we are talking about threading the gun lets try here. I have two trg 22s. One in factory 20" 308 threaded 18x1mm. The other is going to be rebarreled in 260 once I get my barrel back from rock. I don't know what I should have the muzzle threaded as. I don't have a suppressor yet but that is the next purchase after the barrel work. Do I go 5/8x24 or 18x1mm? If I go with a brake style suppressor then 5/8x24 makes more since it would be easier to sell if I choose to but the metric threaded gun is currently my go to hunting rifle and I hate hunting with brakes. is it a really big deal to takes the brakes off and put them on again? Poi shift off and on?

Just I just confused and looking for some insight.

Re: Barrel threading options for a suppressor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have the 18mm turned down and re-threaded to 5/8, wont lose any barrel length. </div></div>

^this

I deleted my totally retarded prior post, which was plain IGNORANT. Sorry about that.

Re: Barrel threading options for a suppressor

Well I was more intrested in what I should thread my new barrel to? Was thinking metric to match but I may turn both to English to match.