• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrel torque for MPA 300-WMBA ...

rustyinbend

GySgt USMC 1976-1992
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2018
    Bend, Oregon
    Anybody know the torque specification for the barrel-to-action threads on a Remington-700 action to a Spencer-MPA barrel on this setup? I've seen "90" ft/lbs at the high end, and "50" ft/lbs at the low end, but I can't find the actual specification. I suppose I could call MPA, but I'm lazy and asking here seems easier. I took the barrel off and am soaking it in Carbon Remover to see if I can breath more life into this barrel before swapping it out. Just need the spec to reassemble after mega-cleaning.

Last edited:
    The MPA DIY barrel change YouTube says "90" ... but other sources say that's more for machine-based factory tightened barrels, and that "60" is better for normal use. I'm leaning towards splitting that evenly and tightening to about 75 ft/lbs ... with some anti-seize on the threads (like everyone recommends). If I don't get anything more authoritative, I'll probably go with 75.