• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Barrel Tuner on a 308 ? Need advice

rmbgreen

Private
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2009
South Carolina
I currently shoot a GA Precision Crusader in 308 Win. with a Badger Ordnance FTE Muzzle Brake.

I love it but a lot of clubs around here won't let you compete with a muzzle brake cause of the noise.

I am looking at trying a barrel tuner. I know very little about them or which one to use.

They are popular in 22 competitions. What about in centerfire rifles?

Sure could use some help.

If you are talking F-class matches it isn't because of noise but the blast to the side that is a negative impact on shooter to either side of you. Put a thread protector on and go shoot.
Local F-class match here they allow muzzle brakes but put you on end, spot or two from next shooter.

No need for a barrel tuner on a CF, adjust your load if needed. Popular in rimfire because the load is what the load is, no easy way for you to change it.