• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrel Vise For Desert Tech

Thor2j

Kriger
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2012
CO
Can anybody recommend a barrel vise/block for DTA barrels. Trying to get their Brake off and need something sturdy.

Thanks

Barrel make has nothing to do with it. The od of whatever part you're trying to hold is what matters. Measure the od, get some oak wood and drill a hole smaller than the od. Cut in half and smash it tight in the vise and you're set.

I'll try again but I heated it and everything and it didn't want to budge.

I use a Bald Eagle to perform barrel swaps, there $35-$40 bucks and Im sure they would hold tight enough to get the brake off your barrel.

Heat it until some smoke comes out from the threadlocker melting. You won't hurt anything.

I'll try again but I heated it and everything and it didn't want to budge.
Boil a pot of water and stick the brake and barrel end into it for a couple minutes. (Once the brake is off, dry the barrel and add a light coat of oil.)

Boil a pot of water and stick the brake and barrel end into it for a couple minutes. (Once the brake is off, dry the barrel and add a light coat of oil.)
Are DTA barrels rocksett or locktite?? I thought locktite??