• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrel Vise recommendations

The SAC modular vice is nice. I use mine regularly. Comes as a complete kit with bushings from Area 419, and allowed me to mount it to the table of my vertical mill. Easy to use one handed(other hand holding the rifle). Their Bravo vice looks nice too if on a budget. The Viper vice works well too, and is on the cheap end of the scale. I beat the shit out of mine and its still going. Recently gave that one to a friend.

Viper user here...no complaints. And I think the 4 bolt style is better for conforming to the barrel taper if you can't clamp down on a straight section.

Reactions: DubfromGA
What Barrel vise do you guys recommend?
A lot of reveiws for the viper, I found it too light duty. I currently run the davidson vise (similar to the viper, just bit more robust). However,once I finish my dedicated bench, im moving to either the A419 or Brownells. Those bushing vises are just so much better.

I used the Brownells to remove my factory Remington 700 barrel, but haven’t used it to swap prefits. I’m happy with it

Love my SAC Modular Barrel vice kit.

They have this one as well in stock

I have a Davidson. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the Davidson again.

Brownell's vice...heavy duty, and you'll never be sorry. I use the 1.250 inch bushing, but other sizes are available. I mounted mine on a 3/4 inch plywood piece, and I clamp it to the bench when I need to use it.

Reactions: Firestarter123
1,000,001 threads on this now...:)
Pulling factory barrels, milsurps, etc.? You're best served with a heavy duty vise that uses bushings that conform to the barrel taper.
This is all about surface area when pulling a barrel that might need 600-1000 ft lbs to break free (yes, I've had 5' cheaters for milsurps).
The "universal" types have comparatively little surface area contact. Fine for most applications- but you ain't pulling a Tikka factory barrel with one.

I have the SAC Modular Vise with the full kit and really like it. It’s on their Multi-Base currently and I just got a quick change plate for it from Inline Precision with a flush mount base for my bench. The flush mount will also be used for a CPS primer seater and possibly other tools I for which I want a solid but non-permanent mount to my bench. I prefer less bench space taken up by mounted stuff.

Reactions: smschulz and DIBBS