• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Barrel Vise's

Re: Barrel Vise's

Psst, if you look at Brownells barrel vise, they are kind enough to give you the dimensions, thread size, and bushing diameter of the one they sell. It was very helpful in my making one at work out of scrap material during my lunch break(s).

100_1947.jpg

DesertMonkey, if you can make one then great, I don't have the time or the skill.

Here's the one I bought, works great for the money, very happy with it. I cut my bushings in half so I didn't have to slide them down the length of my barrel and could leave the Badger FTE on the barrel as well. You can do it with a hacksaw or recip. saw pretty easy. I wrap a piece of a latex or nitrile glove around the barrel for grip and to prevent screwing up the finish, works great that way.

$75 - LINK

Get the one I linked to, comes with the Rem tapered bushing, some of his others don't.

get the brownells vise. You'll want custom bushings made if this is a switch barrel type operation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DesertMonkey, if you can make one then great, I don't have the time or the skill.

Here's the one I bought, works great for the money, very happy with it. I cut my bushings in half so I didn't have to slide them down the length of my barrel and could leave the Badger FTE on the barrel as well. You can do it with a hacksaw or recip. saw pretty easy. I wrap a piece of a latex or nitrile glove around the barrel for grip and to prevent screwing up the finish, works great that way.

$75 - LINK

Get the one I linked to, comes with the Rem tapered bushing, some of his others don't. </div></div>

for $75, i'd buy that one. i made one very similar and it has been working great for me. i started out with bolts in mine but have since switched to studs. it is working much better now.

my action wrench is a davidson's and my vice is as well (I think) very simple to use and works good ....got it from Sinclair