• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrel weight

FrozenMinnesotan

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2018
Ne MN
Hi all. I currently have a proof medium palma at 20" in 6.5cm that i want to replace the barrel on eventually with a lighter weight that allows 5rd shot strings without being too heavy. Currently rifle weighs 12lbs. How much light would a similar length bartlein 3b weigh? Enough to make a difference? I built rifle for prs but life and covid nixed that. So its gonna be my coyote And deer rig.
received_995125901047590.jpeg

You aren’t going to save a whole lot with a 3B, if you want to save weight go with a light sendero carbon from Bartlein. Carbon Six and Proof have the same contour.

Ok. I was gonna possibly go to a 22 or 6mm at that time. But as of now I'm not gonna be saving fur so a 6.5cm will do

Any quality barrel will do 5 rounds. A proof Sendero or Sendero lite will probably fit your barrel channel better than a sporter steel barrel, and they catalog/make a 20” carbon Origin prefit. Easy peasy.

Reactions: Steel head
Any quality barrel will do 5 rounds. A proof Sendero or Sendero lite will probably fit your barrel channel better than a sporter steel barrel, and they catalog/make a 20” carbon Origin prefit. Easy peasy.
👆
The barrel quality is more important than the profile.