• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barreled Action Question

Bailey22

Private
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2019
I was looking at a tikka factory but after some research I’m just going to buy a custom barreled action. I want a 300 win mag put together. Can anyone recommend a place to get this ordered? I would like to stay around or under $2500 if possible. Thanks

I think Preferred Barrels will do them as well if you can't find what you like at PVA.

Any reason you might look at some of the other 30cal options? When you start looking at PVA and Preferred Barrels, your ability to push into newer and other offerings doesn't really cost you any more, especially if you reload.

I think at Preferred if you order an action and barrel at the same time, they'll mount it and expedite for free.

I think Preferred Barrels will do them as well if you can't find what you like at PVA.

Any reason you might look at some of the other 30cal options? When you start looking at PVA and Preferred Barrels, your ability to push into newer and other offerings doesn't really cost you any more, especially if you reload.

I think at Preferred if you order an action and barrel at the same time, they'll mount it and expedite for free.
Main reason I want 300 win is due to the amount of ammo I have. I don’t reload. I like the 300 prc but ammo is next to impossible to find in my area.

Main reason I want 300 win is due to the amount of ammo I have. I don’t reload. I like the 300 prc but ammo is next to impossible to find in my area.

Where are you located? Might help in a place to get a barreled action from closer.

I was looking at a tikka factory but after some research I’m just going to buy a custom barreled action. I want a 300 win mag put together. Can anyone recommend a place to get this ordered? I would like to stay around or under $2500 if possible. Thanks
With that budget I can build you a lot of options into a barreled action. Steel, carbon, fluting, cerakote, etc...

Reactions: Rob01
With that budget I can build you a lot of options into a barreled action. Steel, carbon, fluting, cerakote, etc...
Damned fine work on my last two barrels, and Ben deserves a raise for staying on top of all my questions. LOL.
Looking to get a CF Osprey 24" MTU 300WM. Can you tell me the weight savings of 24" CF MTU over steel MTU?

$2500 buys just about any barreled action you can think of. there are a lot of missing variables here though on what exactly you're looking for. that said any smith with the action, barrel, and reamer you want can spin you something up