• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

barrels a dealer should carry

hunter223

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2007
Odessa Tx
Hey guys I've been saving cash for a long time with the hop of becoming a dealer for some of the top barrel makers. My question is, what makes do you want to see along with what calibers and contours? We're going to have to start small but want to offer another choice to get barrels to you fast so we can help speed up your custom builds. I'm in contact with bartlein and krieger but would like to offer as many as I can and keep prices competitive. Please reply here or shoot me a PM with any and all suggestions. Thanks fellas

Here is my input as for calibers 6mm, 6.5mm, .30 cal and some .338. and for contour M24/M40 and MTU and for makers Bartlein would be my number 1.

Montrose

Bartlein blanks for the Lg tenon AI would be nice. There's plenty of places for the AT barrels but only a few that rarely have the large tenons in stock.

Reactions: JBT
.30 cal, 6.5mm, 6mm, maybe some .338 cal. Bartlein, Kreiger. M24, MTU, Medium Palma, any sporter and of course a Remington Varmint.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Savage prefits are gaining steam and seem to be popular. I use a Criterion and love it. I'll buy more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my perspective id love to see someone stock some of the cheaper blanks. Like Douglas or Xcaliber blanks in addition to the normal Bartlein Krieger etc etc.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Id second the xcaliber and douglas. I'm not certain, but i dont think Broughton has a stocking dealer. If cost is not a factor and I want a button barrel, thats where i'd go first.

MPA bought Spencer barrels a few years ago. They use them in their in house builds, as well as blank sales. $50 cheaper than the biggies. 5 or 6 groove button barrel, cant recall. I'm waiting on a 6.5/8T #7 (rem varmint copy) as we speak. Ive heard virtually nothing written about them. When Clay was running it. He offered a 1/4moa guarantee with them in certain calibers.

On another note, most peeps are pretty particular with their favorites. Bartlein and krieger sprinkle their barrels with crack and everyone is hooked (which I fully understand). May be hard to get people off of that fix.

If you want to be a barrel distributor look at what others carry that have been in the business for a while. Like Greg at Bugholes and others. They know what sales and what don't. A good start would be Bartlien and Brux and a few of the others.

The problem is supply and demand. The more popular the bore size the less likely you will keep one on the shelf. And if you are not in the network outside of the manufacturer that deal with each other to meet orders...

Quality Remage barrels ready to go chambered in the popular calibers.

Medium Palma in 22 1-7, 6mm 1-7, 6.5mm 1-8, 30 1-10

Lots of folks who want quality Remage style barrels. I know because I've tried to find them and they're hard to get a hold of, at least in the configuration I wanted.

Anyways, as far as manufacturers go, I've also heard good things about Rock Creek, so they're worth a looksee!

Calibers, .308, 6mm, and 6.5 will always be the mainstays, but I have a weird hunch that the growth of the 6.5CM may be duplicated here soon in the 6CM since Hornady is about to make factory 6mm CM...
Contours... We love Medium Palma! Sure Remington Varmint/Sendero is similair, but my simple mind takes pleasure in the easy classification of palma barrels. Let's see there's light palma... medium palma... and heavy palma! haha

Guys are going to be looking for tighter twists to use the heaviest 6mm bullets/110-115gr and 6.5/147gr and 7mm/195, etc. Around 1-7.25 should work fine for them.

Good luck with the new business. All good options above. Always good to have new choices as a consumer.

Hey guys what do y'all think about mullerworks barrels? I've built 4 rifles with them and they all shoot sub 1/4 moa. The latest is a mausingfield with mullerworks in 6 creed and I had three groups that were sub .2 with two that were in the teens and the best of the day at .081" shot off bipod with small bag as rear rest. They shoot but don't want a lot of money tied up in them if they won't move. Thanks!

Been meaning to try one. Just havent gotten around to it.

That's gonna be your issue, getting people hot on barrels that aren't the headliners.

Hey guys what do y'all think about mullerworks barrels? I've built 4 rifles with them and they all shoot sub 1/4 moa. The latest is a mausingfield with mullerworks in 6 creed and I had three groups that were sub .2 with two that were in the teens and the best of the day at .081" shot off bipod with small bag as rear rest. They shoot but don't want a lot of money tied up in them if they won't move. Thanks!

Dan is one of the best barrel makers out there. His barrels cut or buttoned are always money. If more people built with them, they will get as scarce as Bart's or Kriegers. I'll be using one of his 4 groove single point cut on my next build.

Last edited:
Been meaning to try one. Just havent gotten around to it.

That's gonna be your issue, getting people hot on barrels that aren't the headliners.

Agreed. Maybe it would help if I posted pics of the groups I shot this morning with the one I barreled for myself on a mausingfield...lemme find em

Last edited:
Stock some 9 twist .30 cal barrels. Everybody's got 10 twists but more folks are going to 9 twist to shoot the heavier bullets.