• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrels for 6.5X47L

Moof

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2009
Celestine Indiana
Just wanted to hear what your thoughts were when it come to Pac-Nor, Bartlein, and Broughton barrels for the 6.5X47L in 26 inches. I'm goin with the Pac-Nor and hope it's a wise decision.

Re: Barrels for 6.5X47L

Not sure about 6.5x47L as a caliber. I shoot a Bartlein in .260 Rem and it's a very nice barrel. It cleans very easily, and I have 1500 rounds down the tube and it still hold a very tight group.

I also have a 21" PacNor Super Match stainless on a Noveske AR-10 upper. It is a tac driver! However, I hear that PacNor uses softer stainless and they tend to wear a bit faster. For a hot round like the 6.5x47L that might become a factor.

My favorite barrels right now are Benchmark. I have one on a Savage 10FP in .260 Rem and it outshoots my GAP no mater what I feed it. Benchmark is really good stuff for the money. My next build (.243 Win) is getting a Benchmark. That being said, I don't think you will be disapointed in any of the high end barrels. They all shoot......

Re: Barrels for 6.5X47L

I've heard good things about all of them. I originally looked into a Pac Nor, but the smith I was going to use had a bad experience with them and wouldn't use them anymore. Then after talking to the new smith I went for the Broughton. I don't know about performance yet since it's still being built, but I'm sure it will be good though.