• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrels on AI AE's

rundm

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2005
TX
Does anyone know what the standard barrel make is for the AI/AE? I have one coming next week and was told that they could be either a bartlein or a lother. I appreciate any answer that someone could offer. RG

Re: Barrels on AI AE's

AI uses several barrel makers who make barrels to their specs, including Border Barrels of Scotland. You won't know who made it. And, as long as it shoots well, why would you care?

Re: Barrels on AI AE's

Found it! In either case I also recall that both use a 5R type radius on the lands (need to find that thread too). Info wasnt from AINA but TacPro via third party.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickeness</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nolo263</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got the 20" I love this barrel length alot more portable.. I wish I new if the AW came with the border or Archer? I asked tacpro and all they new was that my barrel came from Scottland?

If anyone knows how to tell the difference between the two speak up!!

</div></div>

From what I read previously, Border barrels are single point cut rifled. Archer barrels are button rifled. I believe they are made by the same manufacturer and the Border barrels are a bit more expensive.

All AIAW have either a Border or Archer barrel.
All AIAEs have Lothar Walther barrels. </div></div>