• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrels with short turnaround

mynamejeff

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 17, 2021
USA
Hey folks, looking to get a 6BR barrel for my new Zeus QC action (QC barrel option). I've gotten a few barrels from CrownRidge Barrel works and am pretty happy. Since this is my first 6BR I'm wondering "is there more". Not really looking to wait weeks or months, just thought I'd check to see if there is anyone out there selling high end barrels with short ship times. Crown Ridge has never been more than a week, which is what I love about them. If I can get a "better" barrel in a similar amount of time, I may try someone new. Crown Ridge uses Shillen and Preferred blanks at the moment.

You better go right back to Crown Ridge if you are getting barrels in a week. He can likely source different barrel manufactures as well but it might increase your wait time a little.

Reactions: ShtrRdy
Most smiths aren’t going to do it in a week even if they can and aren’t busy. If you want another blank you can always order one from Bugholes which stocks a ton and have it sent there. Bugholes does great work too and is fast but they aren’t one week fast.

Good call on buying blanks somewhere else. I ended up going with a 1:7 twist (in stock) on a Preferred Blank with CR. I'm hoping the twist isn't too fast. 24", 105's and 108's shooting for 2750-2780fps.

Good call on buying blanks somewhere else. I ended up going with a 1:7 twist (in stock) on a Preferred Blank with CR. I'm hoping the twist isn't too fast. 24", 105's and 108's shooting for 2750-2780fps.
Its not. Its probably right where it should be
I ran 7.5 twist at the same speeds with 108s and 109s and 110s. Just got a preferred barrel in a 6.5cm and it hammers. Ill probably use them more

Reactions: mynamejeff
Looks great lol. Haven't gotten to shoot it yet. TAT was 3 days after them getting my action, amazing. Shooting it this weekend hopefully!
Would like to hear how it goes. I am looking at a few barrels and Hunts long range used their blanks.