• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrett 416 sight in group.

skinney_7

Hammer down.
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 23, 2008
    SD
    www.oneillops.com
    Finally got a chance to sight in the M99 (100M zero), I never thought it would group like this, cant wait to get the new press/dies and reloading info and tighten it up a bit!!!

DSC00159.jpg

top right first shot after boresite, low left 2nd shot after adjustments, middle group of three was after final adjustments, i know how most feel about a 3 shot group, but when one round is 5$... this 3 shot group is good enough for who its for, if anyone has any load data for this round i appreciate any input.
    enjoy!!!

Re: Barrett 416 sight in group.

And actually, your groups will get better as you pass 200 yds when the round fully stabilizes.

I just wanted to say ... HOLY HELL.

For shits and grins, I went through and looked at reloading cost for .416 after seeing the comment about $5/round for Barrett's boxed ammo.

Your cost per round using Barrett's retail components (not finished ammunition, but just buying THIER cases and THIER bullets) is 5.14 around before you add powder or primers or shipping etc. The bullet alone is around a dollar and change each. So even if you form your own cases, that 416 is expensive as hell to shoot right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Genin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice grouping indeed. Have any shots of your sweet rifle? </div></div>
    pic added as requested, i have went up to 1200M with my 308's, but the capability of this rifle should push well into the +2000M mark, should have some vids up of that in the near future as well.
    enjoy!!!
    DSC00160.jpg

Nice friggin' gun. I don't have a need for a giganto bore gun as of late, but something bridging the gap between 300wm and something bigger couldn't hurt.

Looks to be one of Dales.

ya its the Wintalker (cant say enough good things about Dale and Elite Iron), great can, no need for any hearing protection, and it reduces the recoil nicely, this gun is a sledge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adician</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I could only find that picture of the gunney shouting about new weapons... </div></div>
    http://yfrog.com/86youforgota012508j

2qweszr.jpg

Sweet rig, and nice shooting!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love seein' 50cals suppressed! </div></div>

???? what part of .416 did you not get?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: force_multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love seein' 50cals suppressed! </div></div>

???? what part of .416 did you not get?</div></div>

LOL

It should be further than 2000 meters. According to Barrett the 416 stays supersonic to 2600 meters, with a 29" barrell. Have fun!

I only hope I get a chance to shoot one of these one day, 107 get so boring because of their inherent weaknesses but the 416 looks like the tits

ya i have been in contact with Jon, he said he could get me some good reloading data for this round, as he was one of the guys working on the ballistics for the 416 during its production,
    thanks for the heads up.

I feel this bad ass weapon system should receive some paint. Something like Tactilite and Cerakote showed off at SHOT '10 would fit it nicely for popping elk.

37473_415712123386_82195553386_4756917_7588472_n.jpg