• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrett 98 Bravo

alexlaw86

Private
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2008
Thinking of getting a Barrett 98 Bravo... Any positive or negative comments?

Cheers,

Alex

Re: Barrett 98 Bravo

For the money they work very well. You will be hard pressed to find negatives for the price they are selling them for even at retail. You can spend a whole lot more and get less.

I wrote a review in this forum if your interested. It aint the best review (my first) but I think its adequate

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rob01 has one for sale right now</div></div>

Thanks 427. I dropped him a PM with a good price if he was interested.

alex is melbourne based......

thats melbourne AUSTRALIA, hehehehe

have a good one guys,

jimi

I handled one in my favorite gun shop. Didn't like the way it felt, ergonomics were off, but then again I have a TRG-42 and it's perfect for me. I'd like to see how one performs?

My 98B has done its job well; so far the majority of the rounds sent down were 600 to 880 yards with the accuracy being superb

I like the fact that I can hunker down and get to an easy repeatable weld and the 98 responds well for follow up rounds with the ability to repeat this fairly fast.

27” barrel
A Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50 EBR – 3 MRAD scope set up
The complete setup weighs in at 16.5 pounds
I have been using 300 gr Scenar Lapua HPBT ammo

All in all you need to find what works for you, the 98 is one of my favs