• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics Barrett BORS Help

TopTeerPrecision

Hold on...... your data says what!?!
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 30, 2019
    So I’ve come into ownership of a Barrett BORS system on an NF 8-32.

Obviously this item is discontinued and getting service help from Barrett is a complete dead end. And I quote “when that department got dissolved, they took everything with them”. 🤦‍♂️

So, I’m trying to find two things or any information leading to…..

1) Looking for a copy of the BORS software to be able to update and upload cartridge info to the BORS.

2) Looking for the USB cable. Apparently it’s proprietary and no longer made. But if I can find enough details about it, might be able to have a new one made.

So any and all info is appreciated. I’m willing to pay over value if anyone has one or either of these…..

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
    Went trough the same thing a number of years back,now it's just paper weight..it wasn't that good to begin with.however at the time (10+ years ago) it was the newest gadget and i had to have one..lol

Hi all. I have a Barrett BORS and need the software and cable. Can anyone help?
    Thank you
    Ira
    201-851-1469 please text

Unfortunately the USB cable will be the hardest part. They use a proprietary pin-out and even Barrett doesn’t have the information for them anymore. You might get lucky and find someone who has one they don’t need.
    I can help you with the software, but not sure if that helps really. But happy to send

Unfortunately the USB cable will be the hardest part. They use a proprietary pin-out and even Barrett doesn’t have the information for them anymore. You might get lucky and find someone who has one they don’t need.
    I can help you with the software, but not sure if that helps really. But happy to send
    Sorry for the late response. Can you email the software? [email protected]
    Thank you
    Ira

BORS1.png

BORS2.png

Amazing what these still go for given the other options out there. Also amazing is the developers not having gone forward with further iterations to compete with other options available.

In case anyone wants a copy of the Manual with V1.5

1.0 software

2.0.27 software:

Attachments

• BORS V1_5.PDF
      4.3 MB · Views: 42