• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrett M82/M107 Drum?

viav13

Private
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2010
Montcalm Co. MI
Has any one ever seen a Beta style drum mag for the Barrett semi autos?

Over the years I've casually seen pictures of them here and there, but I've never found out anything about them. Like who makes or sells them.

Was wondering if there was anyone else out there who has seen them, or maybe owns one and wouldn't mind telling where it came from?

Re: Barrett M82/M107 Drum?

Whoa! Rock and roll. I need one of these. What a way to blow a couple hundred bucks in less than a minute.

Actually, I'm just joking. I'm happy with the factory 10 rounders. I'd like to see a reference to these drum mags, though. First time I've ever heard of it. I only remember Lin Schryver used to sell custom made 20 rd mags for the M82/M107.

Yeah, this is mostly a curiosity thing. I've seen pictures but don't know how real they were.

I couldn't even imagine how much that weighed.

I have seen a lot of pics of the m82/m107 and own one, but I have never seen a pic of one with a drum. You have a pic?

CJG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nihonjin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many rounds did they hold? </div></div>

I have no idea how many rounds. Like I said just saw pictures. Never any description with them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rotortuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have seen a lot of pics of the m82/m107 and own one, but I have never seen a pic of one with a drum. You have a pic?

CJG </div></div>

No don't have one, and its not like I've seen the pics every where either. Just over the years, one here one there. Mostly in passing. Never really thought about one other than it having cool factor. Never really wanted a M107 till recently.

I recall drum magazines were used in the movie Mission Impossible III. Don't know if they were functional props or just for show.

You could always call Barrett and ask them. A drum would probably need wheels on it
smile.gif

http://www.barrett.net/support/contact

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steven1513</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I recall drum magazines were used in the movie Mission Impossible III. Don't know if they were functional props or just for show. </div></div>

Ha! I followed this lead, and it's correct.
800px-MI3_002.jpg

I'm sure it's just a stage prop.