• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Barrett M82 Scope base mounting screw size?

Andrew1182

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 7, 2018
    IMG_6233.jpeg
    Hey guys, hoping someone can help me out. I haven’t had my Barrett M82 out in probably a year and a half. My 12 year really wanted to shoot it so we loaded it up and headed out to the country. When I took it out of the case to reassemble I noticed that the scope fell loose. Upon inspection, it looks like I’m missing some of the base mounting screws. I’d love to see if I can find some locally at a hardware store, but for the life of me I cannot find information on what type of screws it takes. Does anyone know offhand so I can look around? We are in the middle of nowhere so I’d like to call ahead and make sure someone had them before I drove an hour each way.

Thanks guys!

View attachment 8390156Hey guys, hoping someone can help me out. I haven’t had my Barrett M82 out in probably a year and a half. My 12 year really wanted to shoot it so we loaded it up and headed out to the country. When I took it out of the case to reassemble I noticed that the scope fell loose. Upon inspection, it looks like I’m missing some of the base mounting screws. I’d love to see if I can find some locally at a hardware store, but for the life of me I cannot find information on what type of screws it takes. Does anyone know offhand so I can look around? We are in the middle of nowhere so I’d like to call ahead and make sure someone had them before I drove an hour each way.

Thanks guys!
    One route to find your answer

Screenshot_20240406_092341_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: lariat
    One route to find your answer

View attachment 8390173

Yeah. I googled it for a while and found the actual replacement part number, but there’s no specs on what size or pitch they are. I also tried to call and route myself through about three different options in the menu. Unfortunately they’re only open Monday through Thursday until 5 PM now. Was hoping one of you glorious bastards knew the answer to my question so my spawn can sling some heavy lead. He’s killing me with this thing….

And he’s feeding this one like a beltfed

Reactions: clcustom1911