• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrett M82A1 Question about Picatinny Rail. Is there Cant in the Top Scope Rail?

338LM_Sniper

Supporter
Minuteman
  • I just picked up a New Barrett M82A1 and was wondering if there was any Slope or Cant in the Top Picatinny scope rail, and if so just how much MOA Cant?

I am going to mount a scope with a Spuhr Mount and my Spuhr Mount already has 20 MOA of Cant, so if the Picatinny Rail has Cant in it I will need to consider a Spuhr Mount with 0 MOA Cant.

Thanks in advance.

If you use your 20 moa sphur you probably will not be able to zero at 100 yards depending on your scope elevation range. You will be like a foot high at 100 yards

Turn your 20MOA mount around. Then you have a net 7MOA to compensate for.

It’s what I do on my 107A1. Same 20 MOA rail. Had a 30 MOA Spuhr. 50 MOA was ridonkulous, so now I have a -3MOA setup. 😁

You know something is wrong when your rear ocular barley clears! My setup is capable of -43 MOA (27-70). Perfect for shooting down Chinese "weather" balloons.

Reactions: TheHorta