• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Barrett M95 .50bmg optic selection

Inzaneriderz

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2011
Mechanicsburg, PA United States
Hello everyone, looking for some advice on optic selection for my new Barrett M95 in .50bmg. Probably something I would ideally like to be able to use atleast at 1500 yards or maybe even longer? I already use a Nightforce NXS in 5.5-22x56 MOA/MOA with the NP-R1 reticle on a different rifle and have never been disappointed by it. Obviously this being a .50 the scope needs to be able to track/function under the recoil demands. I would like magnification to be higher, was thinking the NF 8-32x56 might be a good option although elevation adjustment may suffer, not good, or the ATACR 5-25. I have never owned a FFP scope either so it is a wash there, always have been fine with SFP and don't like how small the reticle can be on lower magnification with FFP, but then again, it is a .50 and when is mag gonna be low? Would like to keep optics budget around $2k and probably going to grab a spuhr mount for it. If I do decide to go the Nightforce route, can anyone recommend the best retailer with good pricing?

I know it's out of your budget by $1400 but have you looked at the Nightforce 7-35? Its very capable and the newer atacr line glass stomps the older nxs series for clarity and definition. This is a 2000 meter capable scope. Shop around, sometimes eurooptic or mile high have demo versions or display models that are perfectly functional for sale. With the 27 moa rail on the m95 you will be able to get the most elevation out of your turrets.

If you are not hell bent of FFP, then a new enhanced ATACR 5-25x SFP is right in your price range. Might be able to get the original model used for around 1700 if you shop around.