• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrett MRAD vs. Sako M10

Which would be a better ELR rifle choice?

• Total voters

M4.GA

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2018
Georgia
Hey fellas, I know this is somewhat of a loaded question, but I’m hoping to get some input from someone who has experience between both rifles.

I currently shoot a 6.5CM AI AT and have been wanting to step up to a magnum caliber, switch barrel, chassis style rifle for ELR. I know most people with AI’s would just buy one of the AXSR’s but I would like to try something different just for shits and giggles.

I’ve narrowed it down to Barrett MRAD or SAKO TRG M10 in 300 PRC or 300 Norma Mag. (SAKO has listed 300 NM on their website for the updated MLOK forend M10, so I imagine we may see it shortly).

Anyways, I’m curious if any of y’all have any experience behind both platforms that could give some firsthand insight on which you like better - pros, cons, etc.

Thanks!

I am a TRG guy so it was an easy pick.

I ran the regular TRG 22 up till last summer and it always treated me well. Won the Southern Swedish Championchips and came in as part of the 3:d team in the Swedish nationals in Field Shooting using it.
I have handled the M10 for a little bit and it is bad ass. If the scene was different and my wallet could muster it, I would probably have one allready.
Maybe some day...

I like pretty much everything about it, except the price...

I love my MRAD ... started with 300-WM, then got a 300-PRC barrel kit, and recently graduated to 300-NM. I'd highly recommend the 300-NM as a starting point, as that cartridge is perfect for both the longer ranges, and the MRAD form-factor. Caveat: I know nothing about the SAKO or AI ... I bought my MRAD and never looked back.