• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrett MRAD

Dinoco

Private
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2013
Hi! You have spoken a lot of the exellent AI, but what is your opinion on the Barrett MRAD? Chosen by several units around the globe. It has many similarities with the ax, but also several different solutions compared with the brits. Barrett is solid American. Whats your take on this fine (in my opinion) system?

No support,

Aftermarket parts are almost non-existent, they barely supported the platform from the beginning.

Nothing wrong with the rifle, as a system it's lacking, and the fact you can buy AI barrels all over, vs no Barrett Barrels to be found

Ok. I get your point. But I saw your review of the Ritter&Stark, where you pointed out a few "flaws" in design. Like having the rail on the barrel. Which at least Barrett did right. The caliber converson is also easy and fast on the MRAD, dont have to loosen more than two screws. I own one and am happy with it, but barrels are not cheap to buy. And only at Barrett as you say. It is surprisingly little fuss about the MRAD on the forums and youtube, thougt maybe you had an opinion on why. Maybe its just because its boring and expensive.....?

I have had both. The big issue with the MRAD is the barrels, barrel options and lastly the cost for conversion.

Both are good options. I would choose AI if barrel choices are important to you. You have manufacturer choices in the barrels. A MRAD conversion kit/barrel serial number starting with a 01 serial number is a Krieger barrel. Starting with a 02 and it's a Rock Creek barrel.
Good luck and good shooting.

Reactions: Dinoco
Thanks! I think I have missed that one. Its not often one sees that Hensholdt either....Anyway, love the podcast, am actually using it during workouts instead of music....makes an hour of boring cardio a blast...? And learning at the same time! Fundamentals and consistency! Thats the key. ? And watch out for aliens...?