• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrett Rec 7 Direct impingement or not ?

Mag 300

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Dec 31, 2006
    Downers Grove Illinois
    I’m looking to purchase 2 of the AR platforms and wanted to wait for a Knights SR 15 LRP but due to the changes in the countries leadership would like to buy 2 of the Rec 7’s

question is Direst or not , my Knight LRP had it and worked great

Thanks in Advance

I have not shot the DI version but have the piston. It works great. Will shoot any kind of ammo, even dirty crappy ammo without fail. It shoots sub moa with most off the shelf standard ammo.
    I'm thinking about getting the DMR upper as well.
    I'm sure you would be happy with the DI version if that's your thing, but the piston is flawless in my opinion.

I recently shot some of the Barrett REC stuff and was blown away by their quality and innovation on some of the most overlooked, basic parts. Frankly I was surprised that they don't get more coverage as being a top tier AR manufacturer as their fit and finish blew away some of the premium brands I've handled.

That being said, I would always spring for DI as I don't want to be stuck without replacement parts if there's different generations (or a next assault weapons ban!).

I wanted to buy 2 of them as things are changing but Elk County Arms in PA only had 1 left so I bought it as soon as I could
    Hoping these can be grandfathered ???

Reactions: Desert Raven