• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barricade Bench Mount

Chris W.

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2018
I've been trying to practice my positional shooting more and have a question for you guys. Since my 600 yard range only allows shooting through the tubes unless there is an RSO there I'm trying to figure out a jig I could attach to the Concrete bench with clamps or something to practice barricade shooting while still following the rules and shooting through the tubes. Anyone have any pics of something they've done similar to practice positional shooting with a concrete bench?

I've been trying to practice my positional shooting more and have a question for you guys. Since my 600 yard range only allows shooting through the tubes unless there is an RSO there I'm trying to figure out a jig I could attach to the Concrete bench with clamps or something to practice barricade shooting while still following the rules and shooting through the tubes. Anyone have any pics of something they've done similar to practice positional shooting with a concrete bench?
IMG_1305.jpeg

We don’t have to shoot through tubes but the local range only has concrete bench’s. I tried using a vertical barricade using a metal target stand, but it was too wobbly to even practice off of. So, rebuilt it to this.

Probably the best place to find ideas is in this thread, jsut a few spaces down

Can you take off bipod and engage through the "tube" bag only with bag on bench and mag/rear of rifle off bench?

Can you take off bipod and engage through the "tube" bag only with bag on bench and mag/rear of rifle off bench?
I've done that before. It was good practice, but it doesn't really challenge my shooting height, which is what I'm mostly trying to practice. I'm pretty steady kneeling or prone, it's when it's some combination or height between them that I get all flustered. The real answer to this is to probably get a DFAT and setup something in my garage.

DFAT and little giant ladder, stool, spare tire, 4x4 wood post. Choose your own adventure.
B82E45B8-FC1D-4315-B6F1-F3A68B1B3671_1_105_c.jpeg

Attachments

• A491CAAE-9314-4C1A-8A6C-108B99D59A40_1_105_c.jpeg
    A491CAAE-9314-4C1A-8A6C-108B99D59A40_1_105_c.jpeg
    164.4 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: 6.5SH and Chris W.