• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FLEric308

Technician
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2009
Dunkirk, MD
I have built several wooden barricades to practice with. My biggest issue is with the barricades slipping when I build my positions. I currently shoot at a range with an asphalt shooting area and when I apply any forward pressure the barricade slips.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what I can do to prevent this? I would prefer to not have to carry sandbags with me but if that ends up being the best solution, then I guess that is what I will do.

if nothing less it's good for practicing. for when you get to a match and the barricade is stupid wobbly and you cant lean into it like you'd prefer

throw your pack/rifle case on the opposite side?

Reactions: FLEric308
Home improvement store, plumbing section, look for rubber gasket material, glue it to the bottom of the barricade.

I would say you don't need to load into it that hard. Many barricades and props you encounter won't be solid enough to use that technique. Sometimes building NPA position, letting rifle settle into shoulder pocket to manage recoil then focus on relax and stabilize rather than crushing the position into stability with forward pressure.

So many barricades and obstacles don't allow for you to load into.

Look at different options for stair tread. Also maybe bolts for feet, with the tips sharpened?