• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Barska 4-16x50???

tackdriver1

Private
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2010
A friend of mine just got a Barska 4-16x50 scope and told me he loves it. I've never owned any Barska optics. I have had the best luck with Leupold and Swarovski, but for close to $100 I figured why not try it. I wanted to know if anybody has any specs or opinions on this scope. Let me know what yall think.

Re: Barska 4-16x50???

Save your money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tackdriver1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A friend of mine just got a Barska 4-16x50 scope and told me he loves it. I've never owned any Barska optics. I have had the best luck with Leupold and Swarovski, but for close to $100 I figured why not try it. I wanted to know if anybody has any specs or opinions on this scope. Let me know what yall think. </div></div>

Swarovski and Barska don't belong in the same paragraph. If I remember correctly, when I first started shooting and was kind of broke I looked into the bigger Barska scopes like that. Most of them had a total of 40 MOA of adjustment. They have a lot of features for cheap. What scopes has your friend had before this? Most people like there first scope wether it's $100 or $1000 because you don't know any better. I've also heard that at higher magnification they aren't very clear. If you were using it for hunting it might get you by. I don't want to be one of those guys that say you have to spend $500 on up on a scope to be able to shoot long and accurate, but I don't think that one will get you to much.

You wont find many here who will recommend Barska, and will likely get many rude remarks, at a minimum.

For low priced optics, it is best to stay with makers who take pride in their brand.

Leupold, Vortex, Bushnell, etc.

Many are sold by vendors here, and come with lifetime warranties.

Look around, you can find glass for $100 that will do the job, as long as you have realistic expectations.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You wont find many here who will recommend Barska, and will likely get many rude remarks, at a minimum.</div></div>

This is true. Don't get offended, the sarcasm is rich here lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For low priced optics, it is best to stay with makers who take pride in their brand.

Leupold, Vortex, Bushnell, etc.

Many are sold by vendors here, and come with lifetime warranties.

Look around, you can find glass for $100 that will do the job, as long as you have realistic expectations. </div></div>

+1! I rather have a $100 3-9x40 Bushnell. Kinda one of those deals where a cheap Chevy is better then an expensive Kia.

Hey thanks for the input. It is respected. And I appreciate a little sarcasm. I don't use the word Swarovski with much of anything, except if it has the word 'Great' beside it! This isn't my first go around though. I might should have explained in further detail, so there were no assumptions. I'm trying to fix my niece up with a budget gun so she can shoot her first deer. A friend of mine told me she could see good out of this scope and that it was cheap priced. I'm putting it on a single shot .223, All of my guns are too big for little girls. But I appreciate the help. I'll just stick one of my VXII's on it and call it good! Yall have a good day!

wink.gif

I wouldn't put my Barska on anything other than my .22 plinker (only shoot to 100 yds anyway). Nuff said.

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">BARFska!!!</span></span></span>

Ughhhh...

Ughhh...

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">BARFska!!!</span></span></span>

Gonna be a looong night; must have been something I ate.

The Benchmark scopes are the best scopes Barska makes. I have looked at a few and would say they are at least as good as the Millet. The problem with them is they are 1/8 MOA turrets.

Benchmark 4-16x FFP

You will get what you pay for. If you are used to using Leupold and Swarovski, you will be disappointed.