• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Barska Swat Mil-Dot Scope

VAN1LLA G0R1LLA

Private
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2011
Has anyone here used the Barska Swat Mil-Dot Scope? If so what are your thoughts on it I am on kind of a tight budget right now so I dont have a whole lot to spend on optics but I am in no big rush and if the Barska Swat isn't any good then I can save to get something else
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Re: Barska Swat Mil-Dot Scope

its the hot schnitz in the mall ninja world....score one if you can , they are uber snipery

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its the hot schnitz in the mall ninja world....score one if you can , they are uber snipery </div></div>

I could do without the sarcastic responses
Thanks
wink.gif

Welcome to the Hide', grow some thick skin, and search before you post. Barska or Barfska, is a terrible optic. I wouldn't even recommend it for a .22lr.

Thanks I will stay away form them then and save for something better

For "cheap" optics, I would recommend Falcon Menace, or a Millett, but then again, I don't recommend any cheap optic. You would be better off saving up....buy once, cry once.

SWFA super siper 10x42 or 16x42 are around 300 and better glass than my 16x millet.. also alot better scope, and they are a hide sponsor...

just sayin...

The search engine found at this link:

http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=010955838166721108978:qcbx5qqy10o&hl=en

is really good. You can get a ton of answers to questions and for-go the abuse that seems to pop out of nowhere from asking what seems a reasonable question.

But now that you asked, everyone is 100% correct, stay away from the Baraska BS.

For good (Note: not the all time greatest) glass:

1. Super Snipers
2. Flacon
3. Millet
4. Vortex Vipers
5. Weaver Tacticals are nice

There are plenty to choose from. Most will serve you well, especially when just starting out. Also, there are, quite often, good deals on top of the line optics in our sale section here on the Hide.

Welcome to the Hide!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAN1LLA G0R1LLA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the Barska Swat isn't any good then I can save to get something else
</div></div>
^this, you should save your money and get something else. You probably will get less sarcasm if you don't ask opinions on chinese lensed fleshlights.

I agree with everybody else here in staying away from Barska, and I have learned the buy once cry once lesson. You would do well with a $300 Bushnell, Vortex, Weaver, or Super Sniper, not in any particular order. $300 is as low as I would go on price nowadays and expect a scope without issues.

That said, I DO have one Leapers SWAT scope that functions. My experience may be unique, and I'm sure I'll get shit on for saying this. I bought it for $70 new just to have something to throw on top of an AR15 for coyote hunting in the daylight. Didn't need anything at all as I have lots of rifles that I could do this with, but I figured for $70 I didn't have much to lose. Sure enough it looks crappy through the lenses, but I can make out targets and the uber snipery mildot reticle is not canted. I don't dial elevation with it so I couldn't say if it tracks correctly, I'm afraid to test it. It did zero in correctly though, and has held for over a year. I have a better scope now, but I keep it around as a backup just in case, never know, could have to send something in for warranty but need something for a hunting trip. Would I throw it on top of a precision rifle and take it to a match? NO! When it matters I wouldn't trust it, but for out plinking around it's been workable. I still don't recommend you going with one starting out, just relating my story as I thought some here would find it surprising.

Flame on gentlemen!