• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Barska SWAT or Tactical

Re: Barska SWAT or Tactical

I'm proud to say we think of them as Junk, however, they are useful for weighting a bag, to make it sink quickly in deep water.

There is no love for Barska, Counter Sniper, or NC Star, just to name a few on these pages.

Better not to ask, and read first (improve your Search FU), unless you like taking a beating, over advice on Chicom scopes made in the same factory as Rubber Dog Shit.

Just saying,

Bob

Ok thanks alot guys i was planning on getting SS but jsut saw a really cheap barska at the scheels in my area but now i know why thanks alot guys.

You are correct Bob!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm proud to say we think of them as Junk, however, they are useful for weighting a bag, to make it sink quickly in deep water.

There is no love for Barska, Counter Sniper, or NC Star, just to name a few on these pages.

Better not to ask, and read first (improve your Search FU), unless you like taking a beating, over advice on Chicom scopes made in the same factory as Rubber Dog Shit.

Just saying,

Bob </div></div>

Well put and agreed........Thinking Bob speaketh for 99.999999% of the people here.
whistle.gif

Re: You are correct Bob!

OR if you are looking to save some money ( and who's not) peek in the equipment exchange for a good deal on a decent scope...they can be found!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skydive91</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok thanks alot guys i was planning on getting SS but jsut saw a really cheap barska at the scheels in my area but now i know why thanks alot guys. </div></div>

Fine choice!

Barfskas have their uses. If you want to re-create the Mythbuster "Shot through the scope" I cant think of better scope to shoot at.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skydive91</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was just wondering if anyone has ever used these and what they thought or heard about them.</div></div>

the one you order may either be clear or yellowey, blemished or not, so on and so forth. i got lucky with one, the others not so much.

like ghogs nightmare said above "If your trying to go cheap, at least go with a lower end nikon or leupy".

a buckmaster blows the barska away for not too much more.

I have no problem with the Barska line, as long as you understand the limitations of the equipment. I don't see the point in mounting a $99 to a $700 rifle; the same holds true in the opposite direction as well.

I have a USO on my R700; I also have a Barska on my M91/30. Match the quality of the optics to the quality of the rifle. Neither will make the other better, and the entire weapons system will be no greater than the lowest quality piece employed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If your trying to go cheap, at least go with a lower end nikon or leupy. </div></div>

like he said its a waste of money, for cheap glass i use nikon and hasnt let me down

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skydive91</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok thanks alot guys i was planning on getting SS but jsut saw a really cheap barska at the scheels in my area but now i know why thanks alot guys. </div></div>

"Really Cheap" and Firearms should never be used together!

Good low cost optics; Elite 3200/4200, Nikon Buckmaster, Sightron S2, VX2...etc. $300 can get you a decent scope, don't waste ANY money on Chinese garbage.